|Department of Astronomy and Astrophysics (DAA)
The DAA at the University of Toronto is at the forefront of both theoretical and experimental research in the field. It also offers a wide range of courses for both undergraduate and graduate students.
The Dunlap Institute for Astronomy & Astrophysics at the University of Toronto is an endowed research institute with over 50 faculty, postdocs, students and staff, dedicated to innovative technology, groundbreaking research, world-class training, and public engagement.
Ulife is a one-stop website listing a large and diverse directory of student clubs, organizations, activities and opportunities on all three campuses. The thousands of entries include film appreciation clubs, debating societies, sports teams, social activism, drop-in classes, and research opportunities and awards.
|University of Toronto Student Union (UTSU)
Founded in 1901, the University of Toronto Students’ Union (UTSU) is the official student government for more than 38,000 students at the University of Toronto.
Numerade is the world’s largest collection of STEM lesson videos made by top educators. Covering topics including physics, calculus, chemistry, biology, economics and more, Numerade has helped millions of students improve their grades.
TD Insurance is the leading direct response insurance group in Canada, offering quality insurance products for over 65 years. The TD Insurance Meloche Monnex program is dedicated to helping University of Toronto alumni get access to preferred rates on home, condo, renter’s and car insurance coverage. Open to U of T alumni, students, faculty and staff. see: http://affinity.utoronto.ca/
Each time you make an eligible purchase with a University of Toronto MBNA Rewards Credit Card, MBNA contributes a portion of funds to U of T to support alumni and student initiatives. You will also receive reward points you can redeem for travel, gift cards, cash back, and more! Open to U of T alumni, faculty and staff. see: http://affinity.utoronto.ca/
The Merits of Sponsorship: You or your company can be involved with a non-profit organization that strives to share the excitement of space with the public – through lectures, an annual symposium, and an outreach program.
Benefits to You
- Sponsor names and logos are seen by:
- More than 1200 ASX members
- Hundreds of event attendees per year
- Several thousand people being exposed to event posters, printed material, and online websites
- Over 1000 additional target audience reached through collaborations/partnerships
- Gain greater visibility and exposure:
- Establish links with student organizations
- Recognition at all ASX events
- Recognition in media releases and news
- Build a positive image targeted towards several thousand high school and college/University students
Your Benefit to Us
Your contribution (monetary or in-kind donation) plays an important role for ASX:
- Assists our commitment to educate, excite, and inspire today’s society about astronomy and space exploration
- Makes it possible to get our message across to more people
- Increases our appeal and our legitimacy by giving us an industrial and commercial perspective
- Allows us to plan larger and more successful events
- Helps to create future leaders in space exploration and the space industry
Your contribution will go great lengths in achieving these goals while promoting your generosity through various forms of publicity.
Our Sponsorship Package
Our sponsorship package consists of two parts: the package itself and examples of publicity we provide for our sponsors. Download the files below.
Methods of Payment
Monetary contributions can be provided via:
- Cheque made payable to “University of Toronto Astronomy and Space Exploration Society”.
- Please mail to: U of T Astronomy and Space Exploration Society 21 Sussex Ave, Suite 526 Toronto, Ontario Canada M5S 1J6
- Payment through PAYPAL to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please fill out the Sponsorship Form (found on page 5 of the Sponsorship Package) and include it with your payment.For contributions of $100 or more, ASX will provide a receipt of payment
ASX has partnered with the DAA for events including observing sessions, and the Cosmic Frontiers Lecture Series held in September and October of 2005.
ASX and CSS have been collaborating in cross-promoting each other’s events, and announcing them to their members and in their publications (ASX Newsletters and the CSS Space Gazette). In addition, ASX partnered with CSS and co-organized the 2005 CSS Space Summit.